Sunday, September 20, 2009

The 8th Wonder of the World....


I upchucked through the whole thing. Actually, I did get to see the first two Nazca lines before vomiting pineapple juice into the pathetic barf bag the airport provided. I wasn´t alone in my misery though. The Czech guy sitting next to me joined me in the vomiting fest. He, however, recovered much faster than me. I was sick for the whole rest of the day. The alcohol soaked cotton ball that the pilot handed out just made me feel worse. What is the deal anyway? Is that supposed to suppress nausea?

The Nazca lines are one of the most visited tourist sites in Peru along with Machu Picchu. They truly are a wonder and somewhat of a mystery to archaeologists. Three theories for their existence are: astronomical maps; irrigation channels (links to aqueducts); and religious/sacred expressions. The latter being the most viable theory.

I have a bracelet as a souvenir to remind me of my unforgettable experience in Nazca. Whoooweee - what a way to 'end' my trip in Peru.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amy, I'm sorry you got sick.You made another memory!!!!Only 3 days till you see wonderful Oregon

    ReplyDelete